Pharmacy Frequently Ask Questions
How much does it cost to use the St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy?
There is no charge to use our program. Prescriptions and shipping are free to the patient. Once you have been approved, you will be enrolled for up to one year and must re-enroll thereafter.
Why do I need to re-enroll every year?
Our pharmacy dispenses medication donated from pharmaceutical companies who audit us every year to confirm we have only dispensed their products to patients who meet their criteria. As a result, we must require all patients to renew at least once a year to ensure we have current information on file.
How can I enroll/What is needed to enroll?
In order to qualify for our program, you must be uninsured. If you have any kind of insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid, Texas Women’s Health, etc., you will not qualify for our program.
If you do NOT have any sort of insurance, are at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty level, and live in Texas, send a copy of the following items via fax to (469) 687-9126 or via email to [email protected].
A. PROOF OF ID (options below)
- Driver’s License
- State ID
B. PROOF OF INCOME (as applicable per the guidelines below)
- If you get paid every two weeks, provide your last two paystubs.
- If you get paid every week, provide the last four paystubs.
- If you get paid in cash, provide a letter of employment stating how much you get paid a week or per month.
- If someone is supporting you financially, have them write a letter of support (spouses cannot write a letter of support, they must provide their income). **Letters of support must be signed & dated with the phone number of whoever wrote it.
C. PROOF OF ADDRESS (only needed if your address is NOT on your ID) (options below)
- A bill with your address on it
- Lease agreement
Once the documentation above has been submitted, CALL US at (469) 232-9902 to schedule your enrollment appointment.
What is the status of my application?
- If you applied via findhelp.org please check your status on that website.
- If not, call (469) 232-9902.
I received a text message saying a medication for me was out of stock. What does that mean?
We are only able to supply medications that are on our formulary and currently do not carry the medication you were prescribed. Our formulary is subject to change due to the nature of our pharmacy. Please have your doctor check our formulary online for potential alternative solutions.
Do I always get a 90-day supply of medication?
Whenever possible, we strive to provide you with a 90-day supply as prescribed by your doctor. However, when your enrollment in our program is due to expire within 90 days, you will start receiving your medications in 30-day increments until your renewal is complete.
When will I receive my medication?
Once you have been approved for our program and we have received your prescriptions, you should be receiving your medication in 5-10 days.
How often can I refill my prescriptions?
We fill prescriptions up to 7 days early unless a dose or frequency has changed.
How many refills do I have remaining?
Please check your medication bottle.
How can I request a refill on my medications?
- Call (469) 232-9902 and select option 1 to refill via IVR. You can find your prescription number on your medication bottle.
- If you do not have any refills left, please contact your doctor.
Prescription Medication for ALL Texans
Many of our neighbors in need feel forced to choose between filling their prescription and paying rent or buying food for their families.